Wednesday, June 20, 2018
News: Page (1) of 1 - 12/17/11 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at page facebook
9-year-old NYC boy chokes in school cafeteria
9-year-old NYC boy chokes on lunch at school cafeteria, dies later in hospital
By The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) ' Witnesses say a fourth-grade boy choked on meatballs during lunch in a New York City school cafeteria this month and later died.

The New York Post ( ) reports that 9-year-old Jonathan Jewth fell to the ground during lunch Dec. 5 and was unconscious before help arrived. They say cafeteria workers at Public School 47 in the Bronx didn't know what to do and failed to help him.

Jonathan's family says the little boy suffered brain damage and died Monday.

Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott says his death was a tragedy. Education officials haven't responded to requests for comment about what witnesses say the workers did.


Information from: New York Post,

Page: 1


Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines