Tuesday, December 12, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 03/22/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
AP source: Alleged French gunman on US no-fly List
AP source: Man suspected in deadly terror attack in Toulouse, France, was on US no-fly list
By The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) ' A U.S. counterterrorism official says the man suspected in the deaths of seven people in France was on the list of known or suspected terrorists who are prohibited from flying to the United States.

The counterterrorism official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation, says the suspected shooter, Mohamed Merah, had been on the no-fly list since 2010.

The U.S. no-fly list includes thousands of known or suspected terrorists. Most of the people on the list are foreign.



Merah was killed Thursday after a 32-hour standoff with French authorities.

The seven slayings, carried out in three motorcycle shooting attacks, are believed to be the first killings inspired by Islamic radical motives in France since the September 2001 attacks on the United States.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines