Friday, November 17, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 04/12/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Anthony civil case to go to trial early next year
Fla. judge says defamation lawsuit against Casey Anthony can proceed to trial early next year
By The Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) ' A Florida judge says a defamation lawsuit filed against Casey Anthony can go to trial early next year.

Judge Lisa Munyon released her ruling Thursday. Zenaida (zen-I'-da) Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she was damaged by Anthony telling detectives that a baby sitter by the same name kidnapped Anthony's 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

The detectives were investigating the 2008 disappearance of the girl, who later was found dead. Last year, Anthony was acquitted of Caylee's murder.



Anthony's attorney said details offered by Anthony did not match Fernandez-Gonzalez and clearly showed Anthony wasn't talking about her. Gonzalez's attorneys say she still was damaged as the only person with that name interviewed by investigators.

Fernandez-Gonzalez had never met Anthony. Investigators believe Anthony may have seen the name on an apartment rental application.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines