Saturday, November 18, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 12/28/11 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Autopsies: Conn. victims died of smoke inhalation
Autopsies say 5 Conn. family members died of smoke inhalation from Christmas house fire
By The Associated Press

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) ' The Connecticut medical examiner says the five family members who were killed in a Christmas morning house fire in Stamford died of smoke inhalation.

The medical examiner's office said Wednesday that the grandfather, Lomer Johnson, also suffered a blunt head and neck trauma, which could have resulted from a fall or being hit by an object.

All the deaths were ruled accidental. Stamford fire officials said Tuesday that embers in a bag of discarded fireplace ashes started the fire.



The other four victims were Johnson's wife, Pauline, and three of their granddaughters, 10-year-old Lily and 7-year-old twins Grace and Sarah.

The girls' mother, advertising executive Madonna Badger, and Michael Borcina, a friend and contractor working on the house, escaped.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines