|Page (1) of 1 - 08/03/11||email article||print page|
MLB said in a statement Wednesday: "We take this very seriously and have been investigating this matter since the initial allegation. As part of the investigation, the commissioner's office will interview Mr. Rodriguez."
Star Magazine reported last month that several people saw A-Rod playing at one of the games hosted at Hollywood hotels and private residences; his spokesman denied then that he participated.
MLB said then that the report was the first the commissioner's office had heard about the accusation and baseball officials would look into the matter.
The third baseman was put on the disabled list July 14 after surgery on his right knee.