|Page (1) of 1 - 09/04/12||email article||print page|
Women’s boxing makes its debut at the London 2012 Olympic Games, so while the boxers are in the ring, why not score a hit with some of Max Factor’s Knockout Looks for this summer?
Max Factor’s Global Creative Design Director Pat McGrath has identified three stunning makeup looks for this summer: Power of Femininity, Bold Minimalism and Modern Vintage. Pat comments, “If there’s one overriding story this season it is the Power of Femininity”. With women from all over the world showcasing their finest sporting talents at the Olympic Games this summer, there seems no better time to embrace some alpha female vibe.
Get the Look: Power of Femininity
A number of leading fashion houses translated this look through different themes on spring/summer catwalks. Max Factor’s Pat McGrath took an ‘athletic’ theme and made it ‘sporty, confident and truly modern, with a super healthy appearance’ - perfect for this summer of sport.
- Apply Max Factor Ageless Elixir 2 in 1 Foundation + Serum using a brush, start at the nose and swoosh out to create naturally luminous and polished skin
- For a youthful, pretty glow, dot Max Factor Masterpiece Color Precision Eyeshadow in Icicle Rose to the inner corners of the eyes, the Cupid’s bow and along the tops of the cheekbones
- Sweep a flush of Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Pink over the eyelids and just under the cheeks
- Gently apply Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black from the base to the middle of the lashes followed by Max Factor Xperience Volumizing Mascara in Black/Brown to create soft separation at the tips
- Complete this pretty angelic look with Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Pretty in Pink
Get the Look: Bold Minimalism
For the ultimate in ringside glamour, Bold Minimalism will give you the edge. “It’s in the detail” says Pat. This can be light reflecting sequins, cherry red lips or a pop of block color across the eyes. “It’s just all about one thing,” says Pat, “one knock out hit, to make a graphic or linear statement.” On the catwalk Pat cut silver sequins in half and attached them using eyelash glue to the upper and lower lids. “The show theme was surfers and mermaids, so when the light hit the sequins it gave this sparkling watery effect,” says Pat.
- Create a youthful-looking base using Max Factor Ageless Elixir 2 in 1 Foundation + Serum. Contour cheek bones with Max Factor Bronzing Powder in Bronze, swept under the cheeks and out towards the hairline
- Apply Max Factor Max Color Effect Mono Eye Shadow in White Satin across the upper eye-lids, building the color
- Finely line upper and lower lids with Max Factor Liquid Effect Pencil in Brown Blaze
- Finish eyes by dusting Max Factor Earth Spirits Eye Shadow in Burnt Bark along lower lashes using a small eye shadow brush
- Pout perfection is the focus for this look. Firstly, define lip edges with Max Factor Color Elixir Lip Liner in Red Rush, then pick Max Factor Color Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday to smooth a rich block of color across the lips
- Team vibrant lips with Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Ruby Tuesday
Get the Look: Modern Vintage
The final winning look that will make others throw in the towel is Modern Vintage. “The look is very desirable,” says Pat who has modernized beauty cues from bygone years by bringing looks for lips and eyes bang up to date and giving them fresh appeal. Bold lips in a variety of bright reds, the ultimate knock out color, were seen on all the hottest catwalks showcasing vintage femininity with a contemporary twist. Ultra-modern eyes feature strong defined eyebrows and eyeliner reminiscent of the Fifties, while lashes were kept thick and 60s inspired.
- For flawless skin apply Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation with fingertips
- Brush and darken brows with Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel
- Give skin a healthy glow gently brushing Max Factor Flawless Perfection Blush in Soft Amber just under the cheeks
- Sweep Max Factor Masterpiece Color Precision Eyeshadow in Pearl Beige across the eye lids and inner eye corners, and line lower lashes with Max Factor Liquid Effect Pencil in Silver Spark
- Carefully apply Max Factor Masterpiece Glide & Define Liquid Liner in Black along upper lashes, thickening the line as you sweep out into a flick
- Layer lashes with Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black
- Add the finishing touch to the eyes with a chic beauty spot using Max Factor Liquid Effect Pencil in Brown Blaze
- Tone down the natural pink of the lips with Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer
- Complete the look with Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Meteor
For an instant beauty knock out try creating what Pat describes as a “sporty, jelly red lips” - jelly being one of the season’s new textures for lips, as a wash of translucent color. To create this look use Max Factor Lifinity Lip Tint in Passion Red and let it dry for 30 seconds to allow the pigment to stain your lips. Then apply a clear gloss for the traditional runway look or try different colors; Max Color Effect Lip Gloss in bright Orange Smack will give the red stain a shimmering opulent finish guaranteed to knock all others flat, quicker than a count of ten!
Copyright (c) 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.>