Tuesday, November 21, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 07/29/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Convoy of Libyan general attacked in east
Convoy of Libyan general comes under fire, latest attack on former officials in east
By The Associated Press

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) A Libyan militia commander says a convoy carrying a top Libyan military commander has come under fire in the eastern city of Benghazi.

Abdel-Basit Haroun, a Benghazi militia commander, says that Gen. Khalifa Hifter came under attack Sunday by unknown assailants. He was not hurt. The interim ruling council assigned him to form a national army.

Benghazi and the eastern region of Libya have seen a surge in assassination attempts against former military and security officials. Haroun says 13 were killed over the past month.



On Saturday night, former military intelligence chief Col. Suleiman Bouzz-Redah was killed while on his way to a mosque in Benghazi. He left the regime of Moammar Gadhafi and joined the rebels who overthrew the longtime ruler in a civil war last year.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines