Sunday, November 19, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 01/05/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Egypt prosecutor: Mubarak responsible for killings
Chief prosecutor in Mubarak's trial says ousted leader responsible for killing of protesters
By The Associated Press

CAIRO (AP) ' The chief prosecutor in the Hosni Mubarak trial says he holds the ousted leader "politically and legally" responsible for the killing of protesters during the 18-day uprising that toppled his regime last year.

Mustafa Suleiman also said in court Thursday that Mubarak did nothing to stop the killings and that he was aware of them from meetings with aides, regional TV channels and reports by his security agencies.

He said Mubarak's security chief and co-defendant, Habib el-Adly, authorized the use of live ammunition on orders from Mubarak.



Mubarak and el-Adly could face the death penalty if convicted of complicity in the killing of protesters. Facing the same charge are six police commanders on trial alongside the two. Mubarak's sons, Alaa and Gamal, are charged with corruption in the same case.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines