Sunday, December 10, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 11/03/11 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Judge nixes monoxide suit against Colorado county
Federal judge dismisses lawsuit against Colorado county over Denver family's monoxide deaths
By The Associated Press

ASPEN, Colo. (AP) ' A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against a Colorado county and two building inspectors over the deaths of a Denver family of four who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

U.S. District Judge William Martinez said Wednesday the people who sued failed to prove Pitkin County and its building inspectors created the danger that led to the family's 2008 deaths.

Caroline and Parker Lofgren and their two children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, died while staying at an Aspen-area vacation house over Thanksgiving weekend. They won the visit in a fundraiser.



The Aspen Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/uCyqRi) the county argued someone might have altered a boiler after Pitkin County officials issued a permit for the vacation home.

A hearing in a criminal case over the deaths is scheduled Thursday.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines