Tuesday, January 16, 2018
 
by Clip Syndicate
Fire officials say this morning’s fire in Harrison County serves as a safety reminder. Firefighters were called to a metal manufacturing business on Highway 53 after paint thinner went up in flames. According to Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan, workers were cutting some metal which caused sparks to fly and the flammable material caught fire. Fire officials say it is very important to store flammable liquids in a safe place. Chief Sullivan said, “You need paint lockers. You need secure areas that there’s no way that any sparks or heating can get to the fumes because the paint thinners put off fumes and even being near any cutting or open flame will cause fire.” No one was hurt in the fire and fire officials say the situation was under control quickly.   [READ MORE]
 
 
 
 
 
Aberdeen Wins 2018 Monroe County Girls Basketball Tournament   [READ MORE]
 
Amory Wins 2018 Monroe County Boys Basketball Tournament   [READ MORE]
 
Colonial League basketball roundup 1.15.18   [READ MORE]
 
Lady Braves sporting a 13-3 record heading into league play   [READ MORE]
 
Mikale Stevenson Transfers from South Side   [READ MORE]
 
Parkland girl's basketball lead Skyline division   [READ MORE]
 
 
MORE NEWS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines