Monday, November 20, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 02/05/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Official: Dog starts Vancouver, Wash., house fire
Fire officials: Dog inadvertently turns on stove, starts house fire
By The Associated Press

VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) ' Fire investigators say a dog inadvertently turned on a stove and started a fire that destroyed a house in Vancouver, Wash., early Saturday.

Capt. David James told the Columbian newspaper reports (http://bit.ly/xanMJ2 ) that investigators believe the dog jumped up looking for food on the stove and turned the stove on, causing items on the stove to catch fire.

Firefighters arrived just before 1 a.m. to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the one-story home. James says the blaze damaged most of the house and its contents. The dog did not survive.



James says the renter had left the dog alone in the house for the first time.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines