Saturday, April 21, 2018
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 11/22/11 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Philippine massacre victims to file case vs Arroyo
Relatives of Philippine massacre victims to sue ex-president, claiming she aided warlord
By The Associated Press

MANILA, Philippines (AP) ' A lawyer for relatives of 57 people massacred in 2009 in the southern Philippines says they will sue former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo over the killings, which they claim she could have prevented.

Two Arroyo allies, including a former governor of an autonomous Muslim region, are among about 100 suspects being tried on murder charges in the politically charged bloodbath that occurred two years ago Wednesday. Lawyer Harry Roque says he will file the lawsuit seeking damages later Tuesday.

Roque says Arroyo should have known that Andal Ampatuan Sr. and his son were a danger. The Ampatuans have denied ambushing a convoy that included their political opponents and media workers.



Arroyo was arrested last week on electoral fraud charges.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines