Saturday, December 16, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 02/16/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Salvadoran charged in priest deaths denies perjury
Ex-Salvadoran officer accused in Jesuit killings denies immigration charges in US court
By The Associated Press

BOSTON (AP) ' A former Salvadoran military officer accused of colluding in the 1989 slayings of six Jesuit priests has pleaded not guilty to charges of fraud and perjury for allegedly lying on U.S. immigration forms.

Inocente Orlando Montano was arraigned Thursday in federal court in Boston on eight charges related to the alleged immigration fraud.

Montano said through an interpreter that he understood the charges, but said he did not agree with them.



Montano was arrested on the immigration charges last year. Court documents indicated Montano planned to plead guilty, but he backed out of a plea deal.

The 69-year-old Montano has lived near Boston for about a decade. He was among 20 Salvadorans separately indicted in Spain last year in connection with the killings during El Salvador's 12-year civil war.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines