Sunday, November 19, 2017
 
 
News: Page (1) of 1 - 02/13/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook
Steelers GM says no decision made on Hines Ward
Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says no decision yet on veteran receiver Hines Ward
By The Associated Press

PITTSBURGH (AP) ' The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't ready to part ways with Hines Ward just yet.

General manager Kevin Colbert said Monday the team has had "internal discussions" on what to do with the franchise's all-time leading receiver, but no decision has been made.

NFL.com reported last week the Steelers were planning to release the 35-year-old Ward, who took on a diminished role last season behind Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders.



Ward posted on his Facebook page Saturday that he's willing to restructure his contract in hopes of finishing his career with Pittsburgh. Ward has two years remaining on his current deal at a cost of about $4 million a season.

The 14-year veteran became the eighth player in NFL history to reach 1,000 career receptions last season.


Page: 1


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Our Privacy Policy --- About The U.S. Daily News - Contact Us - Advertise With Us - Privacy Guidelines